OK, I know some purists are all about "It's a Wonderful Life" and "Miracle on 34th. Street", but the rest of us have a great list of of movies that we enjoy re-watching during the holiday season. Here at Swell Guy Central we have a Must Watch Seven and we believe you would do well, my friends, to make them your seven. If you must have a "Top Ten List" pick a few more, but really these will do.
1. Planes, Trains and Automobiles - John Candy and Steve Martin = nuff said
2. Uncle Buck - More John Candy. At his best. Not exactly a holiday movie, but it's cold outside and it's John Candy. Goes great with toast or pancakes.
3. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - "The most enjoying traditions of the season are best enjoyed in the warm embrace of kith and kin. Thith tree is a thymbol of the thpirit of the Griswold family Chrithmath." - Clark Griswold . Goes great with eggnog.
4. The Family Stone - Families can be a mess. This one is. That is why it's good.
5. Love Actually - Naughty, but nice.
6. A Christmas Story - Sure, it is overexposed on TV, but what about all the great quotes!
7. Elf - Will Ferrell's Best. Bob Newhart = Even Better.
Bonus: Three Great Movies with Redeeming Qualities . Trust me. Just check them out if you have not seen them. They will make you want to be a better person. That is a good thing for any of us.